Computer crashes during games, high temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinb1313

Solid State Member
Hi, my computer crashes while playing linage 2 or anarchy online after playing for like 10 mins.
My computer is a
mobo asus a7v333 2100+
1.7ghz
512 mb ram
geforce 4 mx 440

I downloaded that mother board monitor 5 and in the corner the three temps are case 32 cpu diode 65 cpu socket 69

I have another 512 ram comming and a 9800 pro, will this help at all?

It might help if it helps relieves some of the stress those games are putting on your processor.(Correct me if Im wrong)

Those temps (if in Celcius) is definately not normal. I have aftermarket cooling and I don't go over 48degrees when gaming at the highest settings for 3 hours +. (The Cpu supposedly idles are 49 in stock cooling).

But that is because the newer AMD's idle at a high temperature. I am still pretty sure those temps are pretty high even if you are using stock cooling. Have you done any overclock?

Try some AS5 it might be better than the stock thermal paste.

My old processor is overclocked and it still runs at 58 degrees max on normal thermal paste and a aftermarket heatsink that is pretty close to stock except its made of titanium.

No i don't know how to over clock i bought this comp of a friend about 2 years ago, what is as5? and yes temps are in celcius

as5= artic silver 5 its a thermal paste applied between the chip and heatsink. Yes it is the best and will help a little with temps. 80 celsius is when you really need to worry but thoes temps are a little high.

When you say crash do you mean it totally locks up, or it minimizes or it restarts?

Those temps are pretty high, do you know if the heatsink is on right, and are the case fans working?

the fans are working, when i say crash the comp freezes completly and the sound loops. I had mm5 runing and when i ran the game the temps went up to 75. I cleaned out some dust then the temps where 29,55,54. I got speedfan now and the temps say 29,54,14,54,14,53 not sure why there are so many. Also in speedfan when I am on the desktop watching the program it says the cpu usage is around 80-86%, I used spysweeper, adaware, and spybot and panda anti virus to clean everything up but it still sits at aroun 80%.

Dustinb1313 said:
Hi, my computer crashes while playing linage 2 or anarchy online after playing for like 10 mins.
My computer is a
mobo asus a7v333 2100+
1.7ghz
512 mb ram
geforce 4 mx 440

I downloaded that mother board monitor 5 and in the corner the three temps are case 32 cpu diode 65 cpu socket 69

I have another 512 ram comming and a 9800 pro, will this help at all?

just curious.. what l2 server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom