Computer crashes at desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilJoe

Beta member
Hi, I'm having a major problem with my computer. Lately, whenever I reboot my computer, I sent into an infinate loop of the computer booting up, then going to the splash screen, then the account screen, and finally my desktop, when I hear a click in my computer and the whole thing goes black then starts over again.

I've built my own pc, but I don't know much about software, so I figured it was something to do with drivers or maybe a virus. I took a second drive I have, reformated it, then installed windows vista RC1 onto it, partially because I was curious about vista, partially because I can't find my OS cd right now. It starts up fine, I load on some drivers, and lo and behold, when I restart, it does the exact same thing. I figure it isn't a driver confict, since I only installed my video card (x850 pro), my motherboard (Asrock 939 dual sata2) and my cpu (AMD X2 3800).

Something very interesting is, when I went back to XP, If I put in my motherboard cd after the flash screen, It'll boot up. I'm completely stumped here, and I have no idea what to do. :oops:

Here's a dxdiag I took a few minutes ago.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5OY7T7XJ

Any help would be much appreciated....

ya ive had the same problem when i installed a program and accidentally had the setting to a 64 bit machine instead of a 32 so im thinking you should start your pc in safe mode by pressing f8 repeatedly when the computer turns on and then uninstall any new apps you might have installed prior to ur crashes

Well it's been fixed. I had to reinstall drivers for my video card (x850 pro). What I don't understand is that I got brand new vista drivers for Windows Vista, yet I still had the same problem. Also, if I try to move a file bigger than 300 megs, it'll freeze and never un-freeze until I restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom