Computer Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew S said:
I don't have a red switch on the back. My power supply is supposed to be self adjusting. I have this problem nearly anywhere, and it usually happens when I am plugged into any extension cord or surge protector. If I am plugged dirctley into a wall I don't have a problem, but when I go to a LAN Party I don't have that option.

So by nearly anywhere, do you mean at places other that your house(LAN Party). I dont think its the power supply because if it was, I dont thing it would be working anytime.

It only does it when not plugged directly into a wall. It will crash while using any surge protector or extension cord.

The only thing I can think of is UBER interferance down the cables, but I would doubt that anything can affect a computer that much, try it in different locations in the house, the other thing to try is the PUS, also bad RAM, I cannot see how this can be related to which outlet its plugged into, but its worth a try. Other than that, new motherboard / PSU, all the help I can give, also check that nothing is shorting to the case :s

Ruan

try setting the computer on something made of wood and see if that helps. Im thinking of grounding issues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom