Computer constantly crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberpunk

Beta member
Alright, so I'll start my story from the beginning.

I was playing WOW when all of a sudden it crashed to windows and a really weird error message popped up. I don't remember what it was exactly, but anyway my computer restarted but Windows Xp would NOT load up, it would just constantly restart. I ran system restore and instead of loading up, it left me a message saying, "Windows is not properly installed." Frustrated, I gave up.

I decided to try it again a week later and found that Windows finally booted up. About an hour later, my computer restarted and did the same thing over again.

I thought maybe it was overheating, so I removed the side to let it get extra air. My fans seem to working ok, but there is a lot of dust. Do you think this was an overheating issue or is it something else altogether?

Thanks for the help.

get rid of the dust, wallyworld has the little air cannisters, probably the best thing to use unless you have your own air compressor. see if that helps. if at all possible, please post the error message you are getting

Thanks for the tip. I'll go pick one up today.

I'm not getting any more error messages, I only got it that one time. I turned off error restart in the System menu and I took the side off. That seemed to do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom