Computer Completely Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chim721

Beta member
I was using my computer that I built maybe about 2 years ago. It's a 3.2ghz P4, some Asus motherboard (can't remember offhand), PC3200 DDR-Ram 512mbs Corsair, ATI 9800 Pro, Maxtor 80Gb hard drive ATA133.

What happened was I got a blue screen of death randomly one day this past week. Then I got it again yesterday, but this time when I restarted the computer.. nothing showed up on the screen at all. I hear my hard drive start to boot then it just stops... A hard drive crash wouldn't do this.

So far I've swapped in a working hard drive, working video card, and I even took out all the other parts that aren't necessary such as my firewire card. Could it be the motherboard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm using a fischer price laptop to do some schoolwork =(

You might want to check your power supply. Can you get a bios screen If so hit f8 upon boot and see if you can get the restore menu. If you can use last known good configuration. Or Safe mode.

The computer makes normal startup noises, but nothing shows on the screen. The hard drive spins up but then stops. Also, the power supply might be the problem. The hard shutoff switch on the back of the power supply doesn't seem to be working... It's always on. Also, I've had this computer on for about 2 years or so straight. I think I'm gonna go buy a new one tomorrow and see if that's the problem. There is power though going to the motherboard. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom