Computer Chugs/Choppy Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporb

Beta member
I am having problems with my computer, it seems to be chugging, and i really notice when audio is playing because it's choppy (cuts out about 5-6 times a second every once in a while) I'm not sure what is wrong with it so i'm looking for any suggestions. here is the box:

E6600
P5B-VM
PC2-6400 Kingston HyperX (2x1GB)
X1950 Pro (512MB)
500GB SATA 3.0gb/s Maxtor

and i think that's about it, i'm using the onboard sound for the P5B-VM.

any help is much appreciated! as i'm stumped :confused:

does this happen when your computer is on load? or when just playing the WMP or whatever.
i'd reinstall the audio driver to the latest one

drivers are all fine.

how big should my power supply be? i'm thinking it might be a power supply problem.

I don't know how big it should be for the whole system but 450-Watt power supply or greater is recommened by ATI for your card assuming a fully loaded system. So you should have at least that or greater.

the power supply i have is a 430watt power supply. would the extra 20 watts be causing a problem like this? I seems unlikely to me, but that might be it. I plan to try my friends larger power supply.

i dont think its the PSU if your using the onboard sound, if you were to have problems with your PSU being too low then the motherboard wouln't have enough power to even boot. The standard recommended Watts for systems these days are 350watts and amps coming from the PSU as well.

when your saying that the sound is choppy is it when you play games or does it also happen when you play audio on WMP or Winamp, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom