computer broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Recently my bro's computer started having problems. Errors kept popping up such as explorer or registry. So I reformatted the computer, and after I reformatted...the same errors popped up. And then it decides to shut itself down. I waited a few minutes, turned it on....errors showed up again and restarted itself. This time it turned on but a black screen with the mouse pointer. This computer is pretty old it's about 7-8 years old, I was suspecting it's too old and just about time to give up. What do you guys think?

Sounds like the ram could be toast, corrupting the files on the hard disk, i doubt its the actually hard disk.

Well if anything is messed up I don't think I'll bother spending anymore money on a 7-8 year old computer. It's a P3 800MHz, 512mb ram, 64mb graphics.

So can I say, this computer is done with? Or theres still hope? Because I'm planning to take it apart.

I don't know how and I don't want to spend a single penny fixing it....besides it's 8 years old. It's time for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom