Computer Booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
ALright, i've tried everything and im getting frustrated.
My pc boots, lights are all on, fans are on and stay on although it doesnt get to the bios screen...my monitor stays in sleep mode.

i've tried re setting cmos, tried a diff cmos battery...diff gpu...
not sure what the prob could be??

I've had this prob before but after re booting a couple times...it worked.

now its just being too stubborn.

Any clue whats up?

How new or old should I say is the system itself? You could be looking at a board problem or another hardware or supply wimping out on you.

I wasn't asking about which hardwares so much but simply how long the system had been in use before the problems appeared there. Most boards now will see a pair of pins on the front panel wiring block for adding in a case speaker if needed.

If you have been heating the single default beep when everything was working normally and are not hearing a series of beeps a bad cap on the board would be more likely then a failed video card or cpu gone toast. A long followed by two shorts would point at the video card while constant steady beeps are generally the cpu or memory for most bioses. Each will have their own error code chart to go by.

If you've already tried 1 stick of RAM and reseating your CPU then the next step to take would be to try another PSU.

A supply wimping out on you especially at post time suggests either it is poorly regulated, not enough for the system you are running, or on the way out. Most of the time a failing supply will simply quit without warning while one lacking good regulation like a cheapie supply or under the amount of amps on the rails will stall the works.

The fact that the all the lights are on with fans spinning and no post seems to rule out the supply to some extent however. You may want to recheck all of your power connections espeically from being inside the case itself in the event something was bumped and not isn't in fully.

well even when my pc use to work i never got any post beeps or anythin...
i've had this prob before when oc and it failed...i would have to take out all my wires...and re plug everythin...and then it worked fine...but now ...thats not the case.

i guues i could try takin every wire out from the mmobo and unplug all the psu cables and re do it....

or try another psu...dont have any money now.
i know its not the gpu cos i tried a 7600gt that works upstairs

You might want to consider adding in a small case speaker if you don't even hear the single default beep. When something goes or is failing you will hear a specific series of beeps alerting you to a particular problem. But in case you did bump one of the power button wires recheck those coming in to the board.

Cases generally never see a speaker included but simply provide a place for one. Most newer boards automatically come with one on it so you wouldn't even think of adding one in unless you simply don't hear the post beep. That sounds like the small beeper on the board simply doesn't work where adding one in now would be an idea to see if you hear anything but the single default.

While you may have a supply problem generally when having that type of problem the system wouldn't start up at all while you had mentioned getting it running seemingly normal at times. If a supply is getting pulled down too far at post you wouldn't even get to the desktop. But see if you can borrow one off a friend to look into it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom