Computer being..a bit odd, should i be worried?

Milk_The_Elephnt

Baseband Member
So about half an hour ago i put my PC on sleep.
15 mins later i click the mouse to wake it up again. at this point, the weirdness begins...

so i click the mouse, i hear the PCs fans spin up...then slow down then spin up again, much like you do when restarting the PC from inside Windows.
the PC then proceeded to do...well...nothing. normally it beeps once when it gets to POST but this time no beep, no HDD whirring noise just the sound of the fans spinning at their normal speeds (they slowed down from max after initial few seconds, like normal)
also, since i clicked the mouse, the monitor has stayed resolutely in standby mode.
after a few moments i hard rest the computer. this time, again the PC starts with no beep and no HDD noise and no display.
Again, i hard restart after a few moments of nothing.
This time, i hear the beep and after a few longer moments this time the HDD starts whirring like mad. (my guess here is that windows had gone into safe mode and was loading up) Still the display sits in standby, no change.
Confused, i again perform a hard reset.
once again, i start the computer up but this time i turn the PC and monitor off and on at the wall socket before. and this time, low! the PC starts up perfectly fine, a'beepin and a 'whirrin like normal, POST shows up on the monitor and windows boots nicely.

TL-DR - computer starts but with no HDD noise,no display and no normal startup beep, after a few tries (receiving different combinations of [bee,no hdd,no display] [beep,hdd,no display] ect ect the PC then starts up perfectly fine with no error messages what so ever. what is this madness?

Is this behavior an indication of a bigger problem? or just a sign of the ghosts in the machine?

Sorry for the wall of text...

Last edited:
I have a a few time where my computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode where I had to shut it all the way down and not just restart is that what your saying you were doing. I wouldn't worried about it happening just once but if it starts doing this often I would start looking in the system admin tools under event viewer and see if there is any sings of trouble at the time of this problem. Usually in event viewer you want to look at windows events under applications and under system.

Back
Top Bottom