Computer Abnormal Booting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Ok, like the topic suggest, BOTH of my computer have been rebooting abnormally lately. (They are usually not connected in my network, I don't think it has to do with that.)

When I use my computer for a random amount of time, at no specific time, the computer just reboots. When windows starts up again, the computer shows me a error message, something about driver failiure.

I run degfrags/disk checks every 1-2 weeks, and I run adware/spyware scans almost every other day. I am a very cautious person and I really doubt that it is a issue caused my adware/spyware/virus. I have AVG on my new computer, I ran a full scan and there was nothing.

For my new computer this has only happened after I accidentally touched one of the resistors on the motherboard, but I think it is actually because I accidentally tilted the AUX Power a little on the motherboard. Before each restart, a blue screen about how the computer is doing this to protect hardware comes up. My temperatures are below normal and the voltages to my devices are also normal. And this is right after I installed 2 lighting devices, they were just a EL Floppy and some LED legs. The computer is also running a 500W power supply. (Ultra V-series) (sys spec in sig)

For my old computer (the one I am on). I had no problems until today. The computer runs a Barton (socket A) overclocked from 2800 to 3200 speeds(no problems with it even at stock voltage, ran for about 4 months now). The problem arised today, I have just installed a new fan controller yesterday so it might be the cause of the problem. There is NO auto-off function on my fan controller, also everything on my computer is normal so it wouldn't cause a AUTO-OFF either. The computer runs a 450W Generic PSU that came with my raidmax case. I am pretty sure the computer has enough power to handle everything.

I have already read the sticky, I don't think it applies to any of those!

Here is the message I get:
Stop error caused by a device driver

Symptoms

You are receiving this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused a stop error message. This error message required a restart of your computer. After the restart your computer should continue to operate normally, however the error may re-occur until the problem is corrected.

Cause

A stop error occurs when your computer encounters an error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by a device driver which encounters an unhandled exception or performs an illegal operation. When the operating system detects this situation it is stopped to prevent further problems, such as data loss or further system instability.

Resolution

Your error report has been computer analyzed and is unable to determine the exact cause of the error at this time. Since a cause and resolution has not been found your error report will be analyzed by Microsoft and any associated vendors to determine the cause of the error. After a cause has been found and corrected you will receive an updated message the next time you receive this same error with instructions on resolving the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Please note it is important you continue to report errors so analysts will have data to analyze and correct the problem as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and assistance while we work to resolve your error.

I also switch around the ram, both of the times, the reboot is caused by the ram. But I seriously hope thats not the problem because they were rather expensive ones. They were Kingston HyperX rams.

They did not have any problems until a while ago.

I really need help guys, I'm running mem test right now. Please help!!!

PLEASE help!

Running memtest on my computers, I am using my laptop to go on the forums. On the first test, Mem Test did not detect any errors, right now I am 21% into the second test and I am getting more than 1 million errors. I am at 21 percent of that test. The test envolves moving inversions, one & zeros. Did I not set up the test correctly or is there something wrong with my ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom