I spent the day building my new computer. It consists of:
- GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ATX AMD Motherboard
- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor
- COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- SoundBlaster Audigy 2.0 Platinum
- Thermaltake TR2 430W
So here's the bad news:
I've hooked everything up, and when I turn the power on, the fans run and lights are on but nothing appears on the screen and after about 6-7 seconds it dies out.
When I unplug the 12 volt power plug that powers the CPU, the monitor just goes to standby. In other words, nothing ever comes up...no bios...no nothing. The fans run and lights work, and it DOESNT die out like it did when the 12V CPU cord was plugged in, but i get no boot.
Does anyone know what this could be? A bad mobo? Incompatible power supply? Something with the processor?
Any help is greatly appreciated! Im losing my mind over here