Compaq Presario 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
The above notebook has just packed in, when I press the power on button I get the power light but nothing else, no dispaly or activity of any sort
Does anyone know if I can download a manual or instructions on HDD removal as I have information on the disk I would like to retrieve if the Laptop is beyond repair

Thanks for all responses

nuke said:
you can plug it in to the monitor and see if you see any display.

try plugging it into a moniter as he says. if that doesn't work see if theres any reset pinholes anywhere on the laptop. If that's no good, Press the function key to switch displays..

because of propriritary Laptops are very hard to troubleshoot.. If you take them apart you may have hell getting it back together without pinching cables etc..

May be best to take it back to where you got it/the manufacturer

you can generally pull out the hard drives and get a 2.5 hard drive adapter hopefully it's not the hard drive thats bad but .. I don't know how laptops work that well off hand..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8719302497

get something like this and pull out the drive and use with your other comp to pull the data.

make sure you get the data off before you take it abck if you can though Since if you take it back, Chances are they will wipe the drive wether nescisary or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom