Compaq EVO n1000c Battery & Wireless Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketscienze

Beta member
Hi,

I am trying to fix this laptop and so far I have succeded in everything except for two things:

Battery - This seems not to be working, when I plug in the power the battery light keeps flashing (from the moment I plug it in) orangy or red (I am a little colourblind) does not hold any charge, how would I know this ??? do I take the battery to somewhere or is there an apps that would check this... by the way in Windows XP it shows there is a battery but it is unrecognisable.???

Second is Wireless: This card was installed by default, however the owner played with the whole laptop making things messy... I realised this as where the wireless card is placed there are 4 jumpers to the right and I played with these to make the laptop work as this was the main cause of why the laptop did not boot... however I feel that this could be affecting the wireless card??? does any one know the correct configuration for the jumpers in this compartment??? which is the on and off ones???

I appreciate any help... (I checked with Compaq site and nothing and then chequed the manual however the info needed for the jumpers I can't find anywhere...)

Thanks

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom