comp wont post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yimano

Beta member
I purchased this MB k8v-x se a few months ago I put a amd 3000+ cpu in it 1 gig of certified memory(according to book) and a gforce 6800 gs for video and have a 500w PS. The system would not boot. It will power up make a very quiet single beep then power down. According to the ami site a single beep suggests a memory problem I have swapped two different sticks of memory out and set them up in both memory slots. I tried the heatsink/fan that come with the cpu and ive tried a bigger one still same problem.

If I remove the cpu the system will fire up and stay on, but as soon as I add the cpu it fires up beeps once then shutsdown.

I know that would logically look like a cpu problem but with my experience of building systems I would think that if the cpu was bad there would be some kind of an error and a boot or partial boot at least.

I talked to a tech support person from asus a day after purchasing the MB. He told me that this motherboard does not support my cpu, then changed to if it does it will need flashed but you cant flash a mb if you can post. He then tried to say that my power supply was not enough juice to support it, so obviously I gave up trying to talk to him.

Alot of things happened and the MB got put away, I am trying to resurrect this thing to find out what it needs to build a side system for myself and since I let to much time go by to return it im trying this support to see if someone here can help with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom