Comp turns off in 2 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

renny2077

Baseband Member
I replaced the standard AMD fan with a new Coolermaster fan. The comp worked fine for 2 days. Then everytime I start the comp, it turns off 2 secs after...the boot screen doesn't even come up. What could be the problem?

That could be a power supply. I had a similar problem, but my computer was turning off in 10 - 15 minutes. Try to get other supply and put it to your PC.

Check your fan connection. Make sure that it is plugged in all the way or none of the pins are bent or anything. The newer motherboards wont let you POST if it doesnt detect a CPU fan.

It kind of sounds like heat issue. make sure the CPU heat sync is connected to the Chip good and did you use thermal paste?

Definately suspect a problem with the installation of the new heat sink/fan.
Check it out.
Does the CPU fan spin? is it connected ok to the correct fan header on the mobo? is the heat sink correctly installed (this can be very hard to tell just by looking so take it off and re-install it). Did you use thermal paste and did your use it as instructed?

This is weird. The problem was with the graphics card. Anyway, replaced it and now everything is working fine..thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom