Comp starts up but monitor/keyboard/mouse etc. don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

splashzor

Beta member
Hi guys, I just bought some new ram today and thought I had installed it correctly but now whenever I try to start up, my comp turns on and the fans work etc. however my monitor/keyboard/mouse etc. are not turning on at all.

I have a ASUS P5K SE/EPU mobo, Antec 500w powersupply, Nvidia 9600gt video, I can't remember my exact CPU but it's a Intel Core 2 Duo @3.16 GHz I believe.

The ram I bought is: G-Skill PK Series DDR2 1066 (PC2-8500) 4GB.

I have had this comp for almost 3 years now without many troubles.

Another thing I noticed and can't remember if this was plugged in or not was this cord labeled AC'97 in the mobo.
cord.jpg

The connector is for sounds, if you have an hd audio connector then you dont need it but if you dont you should plug it in as for your problem the ram is compatible with your motherboard ... try putting one stick in and bootin and switching slots and sticks

thanks, i'm trying but still doing the same thing. does the order in which i put the sticks matter?

well usually theres a set of slots that need to be filled in order to boot, you can find them in the manual, and if you find that it works with one of the sticks and not the other, then that stick is probably bad

yep I had the proper slots filled at first but I just switched the sticks around and it's good now :) thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom