Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesGuenther

Solid State Member
Okay My specs-

Intel Pentium 3.2 GHz w/ HT
ATI X850XT
1.5 GB 3200 RAM
120 GB of hardrive space (about 20GB free)

Okay my problem-

Any game I play seems to run very bad

For example - Oblivion... It runs at like 9 FPS outdoors when i have graphics med high (No AA or AF 1024x768)

But the weird thing is.. it runs WORSE when i put the graphics down... I put everything as low as possible (shadows off, no distant land, no specular) and it still ran EXACTLY THE SAME .. er!!!
This happens with all my games

I have run Spydoctor and antivir
ran disk cleanup

and im still having terrible performance problems...

im not mad at the fact that some games run laggy... im mad at the fact that lowering the graphics doesnt have eny effect on the performance...

I defragged, ran multiple virus scans... and im still only pulling an amzing..idn 7 FPS on Oblivion and... like 12 fps on Battlefield 2...

What were your fps before?

Did this happen when the patch came out?

Did you update any drivers?

What are your system specs? ex. cpu/gpu/RAM/psu?

Have you checked out your GPU temps after running these games?

My specs are in my first post

Ive checked my temps and my GPU remains under 60 degrees celcius

althoug i do have some ghey PSU thatcame with my case?...

and i admit to getting angry at it because of the stupid fan and hitting it....................................................................... (thefan) ... gently...

and ive been having this crap performance for a few months now... allll my games run like crap and i have the latest drivers---... ah would steping back a few versions in drivers help?

i also have another PSU sitting around i can stick in

okay, i rolled back my drivers, but still no luck...

My old 6600 GT seems to be better than my X850XT

I hope its not damaged?...

Okay, wel solved my problem... Turns out all i need to do was clean out my computer... I used a paintbrush to clean out my CPU heatsync.... and my comp is runing like a charm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom