Comp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy

Baseband Member
hey guys, i am having a problem with my computer, basically when i am playing a game, it freezes, i get maybe 5-10 mins of play and then the screen freezes but my mouse will keep moving and then it freezes, then the moniter will power down, and then i have to reset me comp, any help would be great, anyway cyas :D

Check the temps go into your BIOS and look for health monitor or something and see the CPU and fan speed. Also download everest found in my sig below then once installed run it go to computer then sensor and see the temps that way too and maybe GPU temps.

i checked the temp, and the highest is 49 degrees and thats on the gpu, and the gpu fan is running at about 3600rpm. thanks for the help, but what is it, anyway i have to cruse, cyas round

you want the CPU temps though freezing can be caused by the fan not working.

Also try uninstalled the graphics card drivers then installing the latest ones. Make sure you have all the windows updates too.

If general pc usage is fine run warez monsters guide in my sig below

sorry i know this sounds kind of nooby, but where do i uninstall the drivers from, thanks for all your help...

start>control panel>add and remove programs

then you should see nvidia displays drivers choose remove/change button and uninstall it.

Or look for ati display drivers or catalyst drivers.

Make sure you know you have replacement drivers for them if your using intergrated graphics they can be harder to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom