Comp keeps crashing from Video Card - Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkonjibhu

Baseband Member
I have been running my 9600pro for about 3 years without any problem, but recently, after I updated drivers, a few problems started to pop up. Either my computer crashes, my monitor loses signal or is too far for a signal, or it seems as though my drivers are unloaded and everything becomes sluggish (such as moving any window around leaves huge traces).

The thing that I don't understand is this happens when doing simple things such such as browsing websites, but I can play games like BF2 for an hour or run benchmarks without any sort of problem. Anyone know what this could be caused by, or how to fix it? I tried several different catalyst drivers, from the 5.x to the 7.1 (I remove drivers from control panel, then go to safemode to use driver cleaner/ccleaner to clean the rest up). Even after a format this problem persists.

Update - This is the error I get when Windows loads up:

Attachments

• sdfsdf.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
check if the cards' fan is running and clear from dust, as well as ur other hardware
might be overheating

Well, I'm almost 100% this is Vid card related. The heatsink on the fan is running (and I just cleaned out the dust from it), and I also put a Slot Fan close to it to see if it would help at all, and it didn't do much at all. It isn't the slot because when I fit an Nvidia card in there, I had no issues at all. Could it be the card is dieing or is there just something I am not seeing?

Thanks.

download ati tray tool to find out wat temps u get, if that doesnt work install the old display driver and/or the chipset driver by using the driver cleaner pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom