comp doesn't reboot... correctly. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
mobo = MSI K7N2 Delta2 LSR

This is the same system that im working on this this thread...
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106660

this is what I posted there:

ok, I just formatted and started to install windows... (meaning that the drivers I installed are gone now...) but when windows restarts the machine... it locks up before it reboots..

what is the problem? I don't think it was the switch connecter wires... but I tore them all of and put them back on... this time with the mobo's manual infront of me.... even though I had everything in right the first time... it still freeks...

but its not just with the reboot... its like everytime I turn it iff..... then turn it back on... it locks up....

its like I have to do a hard shutdown before it will boot.

whats wrong?

Well, quickly glancing over the other thread and the comments tried in there have you made sure your PSU isn't the cause of all this? A really crappy and unstable PSU (power supply) could easily cause what you're talking about. Same with if your RAM is shot.

Memtest86+ will tell you if your RAM has had it. Let the program loop for a while, not just once.

I don't know about the psu, but I left memtest running all night... it didn't find any errors.

It started doing it after I installed windows and loaded the mobo and vid card drivers....
but I thought the problem would go away once I formatted the disk...

im starting to think its a problem with the bios, or its a hardware problem... i don't think its a driver problem anymore.

is there anything in bios that would be causing this?

YAY Rafe is back, im going to give this computer to him and let him finish working on it. It is his moms anyways...

Anywho, i gotta go. im going to go and welcome him back home. Havn't seen him for days ~_^.

Goodnight everybody ^_^

Well, don't know if you care anymore, but generally no a BIOS wouldn't cause that unless there was something set in there causing the problems.

I'd go into the BIOS and select "load safe settings" or whatever it says in there. Then go through and make sure everything that you know of is set how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom