COD4 surrround - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default COD4 surrround

hey all got some new speakers and went from 2.0 to 5.1 but i notice COD4 has no center channel unless i use matrix setting on my new x-540 set.
i have heard that there is no center channel for COD4. which is odd, because it has a 5.1 selection in the audio. can anyone confirm this>?
BTW yes i have all the settings correct to my knowledge, windows media player works fine and has center sound without matrix. haven't tried any other games tho.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Triforcer

Default Re: COD4 surrround

My center works fine. Maybe it's certain sound cards? I have the X-Fi XtremeMusic with Logitech Z-5500's. What's your sound card?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

the asus p5q deluxe onboard. but, like i said, it works with wmp..i dont know why it wouldnt work with a game then. hrrrm, maybe i need to try another one.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Triforcer

Hmmm I looked around and you were right. Seems that almost everyone either on the 360 or PC with onboard sound is having the same problem. I tried searching for a thread with an actual answer bu they were all the same. "Make sure they're plugged in correctly" etc. And I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing with that.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

i figured it out. its wierd, but ONLY voices come out, not any kind of effect. you know likek, when a map starts and it says "domination"? well, if i lower my L/R speakers i hear that voice thru the center. it doesnt seem to get any kind of effects, tho.