Coax Cable lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
I overheard someone saying that if your net is running sluggish, to unplug the coax line from the Modem, touch the metal pin with your finger and then to something metal to "de-static" the line? Once you plug it back in, it supposedly will run smoother for a while.

can someone confirm or deny this please?

There should be no static of any kind built up in a cable line... They are shielded cables, so how would it build up static?

*shrug.
Just what I heard someone saying, thats what I thought.

So this is false?

Sounds like a job for myth busters. But if your cable line is getting slow, it is good to make sure if you have any splitters that they are good and tight. I have had my connection go down due to a splitter connection get loose.

Sounds like a job for myth busters. But if your cable line is getting slow, it is good to make sure if you have any splitters that they are good and tight. I have had my connection go down due to a splitter connection get loose.

Well my splitter went out, I replace and internet took off... I don't think you should get static build up the insulation is supposed to stop that, so I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom