CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert3D

Beta member
I've recently installed an Athlon XP 1600 (worked fine in another system) in to an ASRock K7S41 motherboard (also worked fine with another processor) I'm using the same RAM which worked with the mothorboard and old processor.

When I boot up the system detects the drives then displays the error "CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad" and "Press F1 to Enter Setup Press F2 to load Defaults and Continue." Neither of which I can do because the system freezes up and nothing works, to switch off I have to hold down the power switch.

I've tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper on the board but it doesn't seem to help and I can't get in to BIOS as the system is frozen. I've also tried changing the RAM to that which worked with the Athlon XP processor in the old system but nothing seems to help. Does anyone has any Ideas as to what the problem could be? Thankyou in advance.

Checksum error at post usually idicates that the Bios Flash ROM on that board is either corrupt or toast and you may be using that mobo as a frisbee. Have you attempted to put the original CPU back in and see if the BIOS will post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom