CMOS Checksum Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyzx

Baseband Member
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes

I'm using an ECS RC410L/800-M motherboard with a Pentium D 805. About a month ago, I flashed my BIOS to the newest version ECS offered and it has been working fine. A few days ago, my soundcard died, so I had to turn on the onboard audio. The BIOS no longer has the option to turn on the onboard audio. I figured that this is because of the new BIOS, so I decided to reflash my computer to the original version (download from ECS website)

Anyway, I turn my computer on and got a CMOS Checksum Bad error so I proceed to enter setup to changes the default setting. I save and exit, the same error popup. I tried loading optimal setting, set the settings to the settings I had before flashing, reboot 20+ times, and it cannot get pass this error. I noticed that the changes were never saved. I even try clearing CMOS using jumpers to no avail.

I need help getting pass this error so I can reflash the BIOS to the new (working) bios. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, after googling up solutions, I tried copying the bios into a floppy, rename it as amiboot.rom and boot up holding Ctl + Home. Out of the three bios for my motherboard offered on ECS website, the first one (original release) got to a screen that says Flash recovery started. And then right below that, it says bios not found, system halted, and ended there. The other 2 bioses, one released in Feb 2006, and one on June 6 2006 did not show up any screen on my monitor, instead, it reads the floppy for 5 secs then beep 5 times consecutively.

Anyone can help me here?

wow. Well, first things first. Try (if you haven't) and put the jumper back on recovery then flash the bios again. Once that is done, make sure to set the jumper back to its original position. Also, if you have a sata drive, try using a standard drive to see if the MBD is having trouble during the detection stage, I doubt this is the problem though.

thanks, killians, for responding. I just managed to recovered it about 1 min ago. Apparently, something is wrong with the floppy drive that I used to make the amiboot.rom disk the first time. I went over to another computer, redownloaded the bios file and make another disk with amiboot.rom on it, and the flash recovery procedure went through without a hitch. My computer is working again now. I had to recovered it twice though, thanks to ECS giving me a bad bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom