CMOS/ BIOS trouble shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it appears I can't find any edit buttons, and my problem is not solved, so I shall copy and paste this post as a moderator suggested, also does removing the battery not have the same effect as the jumper method? I've already did the battery method but this problem presist

This is a modification of another topic I've posted here, although similar, additional info is in this topic, and I feel this is the correct area to post this.

I'll start off to say I'm new to the scene, and problems occured after installing a graphics card, geforce fx 5500 to be exact.

My computer model:
Datamini: Products

The following messages shows up on BIOS but not every time, about once every forth day, leaving me uncertain of actions to take, DSKCHK doesn't find a problem, and is strangely now black on the border with green on the main area where it shows statistics, currently I'm planning to reflash to BIOS as nothing else seems to work, problems occured after I changed the CMOS battery as previously it failed.

At times this message is shown, others it's no where to be found.
CPUID: 0F29 Patch ID:002E

Things I've done:

Sitted the graphics card properly.
Accidently removed what seems to be the heating prosessor. Big Fan thing with silver intel sticker on it, must be, secured it carefully.
Replaced CMOS bateery, time and date issue fixed now.
DiskCheck finds no errors.

I've not touch anything else, and from search results, can removing the battery really help?
I might have done this when I did not power off the computer power, the main plug to the wall was however pulled out.
I have never set a password on my BIOS, as this is a home PC.
I am still able to play graphics demanding games.

Should I decide to update my BIOS, where would I option the update and which version? I've looked over a few times but do not want to risk my lack of experience, my current information is of the following:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name The First
System Manufacturer GBT___
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2680 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F9, 9/10/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name The First\User
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 320.77 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.04 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Thanks for any help in advance.

BIOS upgrading, computer is failing, respond ASAP.

My computer shut itself down 3 times today, it won't be before long it may fail completely, before that I have been seeking for help but to no avail, this only happened after my CMOS battery failed, before that, my graphics card work completely without problems.

What do I do to update my BIOS, if I need to, at all? I have the following information from Driver Agent.

Computer name: The First
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service pack: 3.0
BIOS type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 09/10/2004-SiS-661-6A7I4G0CC-00
BIOS sign on: None
BIOS date: 2004.09.10
Chipset: SiS 661 rev 17
SuperIO chipset: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 3 at port 002E

BIOS Type: Award
BIOS Date: September 10th 2004
BIOS ID: 09/10/2004-SiS-661-6A7I4G0CC-00-None
BIOS OEM: 8S661FXM-RZ F9 - F9
Chipset: SiS 661 rev 17
SuperIO: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 3 at port 002E
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Motherboard: 8S661FXM-RZ

My graphics card had been crashing a lot after the CMOS battery change, and it won't boot until a few minutes after the crash, if I try booting the computer, it gives me the specs of the graphics card 3 times, then some orange pixelated mess and blank screen, the lights on the CPU are still on, and won't shut down unless I turn off the main outlet.

The installed graphics card is nvidia geforce fx5500 with the lastest driver from their webpage.

Hello,

Maybe your card is just dying. Test with a different card. that will be the ONLY way you know for sure if it is the mobo or gfx card.

Cheers,
Mak

Changing the battery reset the cmos settings back to default. You''l have to figure out what the settings were before the battery change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom