Clicking Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPHat

Baseband Member
I am using computer, and rightnow its making a clicking sound....:amazed: inside the cpu. what is tat all about.

...You mean a clicking sound somewhere inside you computer?

The CPU is a component inside your computer.

Open up the case and listen closely to find out more precisely where the sound is coming from.

hmmm, im thinkig it might be the fan since it only does that suond when the computer is on and the fan is the only thing that moves.

...Well, as well as case fans, heatsink fans and the PSU fan (if there is one) when the PC is on, your Hard Drive(s) are spinning which also create a sound.

If you're certain that it's one of your fans, and you know which one it is, you could try lubricating the fan by removing the sticker on the back, and adding a drop of 3-in-one or other, or you could buy a new fan and replace the noisy one.

If you still are not certain which fan it is, I suggest you remove the case and listen closely to identify where the sound is coming from. Briefly stop the fan for a moment to tell if it is that fan which is making a clicking sound (you may be able to do this outside of the case).

Well its comming from the bottom back(back as in where u connect all the wire back part) part what if is the Hard Drive what could happen?

Sorry, I dont know what video card i have. But i have a Gate way computer, running on windows os.

Also i have norton anti-virus 2006, and it comes out that i have some kind of adware. It says scan now (reccomended) but nothing happens, my norton wont open.

The only moving parts in a PC are the disk drives (IE floppy, CD/DVD/ hard drive) and the fans. I suspect the hard drive is the culprit, and a drive that is a clicking is a sign that it is close to failing. If you've noticed that the files on the drive are taking longer to be read/written then I would salvage any important data off that drive ASAP

If fans are clicking they might be dying and should be probably be replaced, or they may be hitting a wire or something, or they might just be dirty and need a good cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom