Clicking harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShade01

Baseband Member
Some I have a dell laptop....there is my first mistake....and the hard drive crashed. So i bought a new drive replaced it reinstalled windows you know how it is. Now the new drive that is in there (had it two months), will click and it keeps clicking then it will stop it's totally random no one process generates it. So all my tech instincts tell me that the hard drive is going and that i should replace it. However I've run numerous different types of DFT's and software to test this drive stress tests the works over the course of 2 weeks and everything tells me that this drive is healthy. then what the heck is the clicking from then?!?!?! I'm thinking that it's the spindle which is never a good thing but i can't think of how I would go about fixing that if I can go about fixing that....anyone else have any ideas?

lol sounds like a mechanical failure..i've never had a drive that's clicked like that last more then 2 weeks before..so i would strongly advise backing everything up and be prepared for it to go out :D

I'm thinking the same thing there is nothing on there really i just reinstalled windows 3 weeks ago only have office on there
so we'll find out soon i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom