Clicking and blue screen crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradster

Beta member
A friend of mine just built me a computer with the following specs

----------------------------------------------
Motherboard: Asus A8V-VM Socket939 MicroATX Motherboard for AMD Athlon64 Processors (VIA KM890)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Video Card: Onboard Graphics
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX HD Audio O
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put in a graphics card which was a: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

I just put this straight into the motherboard, no wires attached to is or anything, i dont know alot about them you see, but i thought it couldnt be any harder than that..

Keep in mind i didnt even try anything on the computer before placing this graphics card in, didnt even turn it on, now sometimes i hear clicks coming from the pc, not sure what section of it, and 30 seconds later a blue screen comes up saying at the bottom:

Beginning dump of phsycal memory

I would really like to get this sorted as I want to play World of Warcraft without being disconnected every couple of hours, help out if you can :).

sorry for bump

the ram i upgraded too, took out the old 512 and put 4x PC2700U 256mb in it

for the clicking :is it once in a while or is it constant? check for any fans scrapping the rim around it.

are all the RAM the same manufacturer? the 4x 256 mb

I just recieved info that the clicking is natural, and yes the ram is from the same manafacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom