Cleaned up, now bluescreen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, so last night I took my entire computer completly apart and layed all the parts out for a good cleaning, the dust was literaly black and all over the motherboard/ram/heatsinks. So I cleaned it up and put everything back in, still had the same overclock. I start it up and it is as slow as my brothers Celeron 500Mhz, which is VERY sad... I decided that it might have been because of an update for windows that was downloaded earlier, so I go and restart one more time just to find out that I BSOD right as soon as XP trys to start up with the overclock, at that point I decided it was my cheap ram giving up (the third stick that I have had for years now) so I take it out. It starts just fine and at full speed, but 10 min later it completly crashed, this time I decided to reset the BIOS and start and guess what? IT STARTS FINE!!!! I can only start it up in safe mode with my overclock now.... What the heck could have happened???? Possibly I some how ended up with a corrupt windows?? Oh even 1Mhz over stock with 60F temps idle I will get a BSOD at normal windows start up and it restarts, so there is no way to see what kind of error it is.

I tried the dividers like I used to that don't help, I had this thing overclocked 40% with the dividers it's just as soon as I clean the thing out and reasemble it all the OC wouldnt work, worked at the first start up but was slow, figured it was the updates I got earlier causing it to slow down like normal, so I restarted got a BSOD.... Right now stock is fine, but I won't be able to stay stock much longer....

BUMB!!!!

Well now it will crash even with stock timings/speeds, I finaly got one of the BSOD errors, it happens ten min after start up and says Machine_Check_Error, any ideas??? Please give me several in the next hour... I can only be online at this computer for an hour and I have to get my computer fixed, I have a presentation on it that I have to show at a meeting tommorow for school.....

Bumpy... I fixed the problem, appears to be the newer windows update that is causing conflicts with graphics engines... Seems to be only Nvidia GPU's that are suffering from this update.... The local computer doctor seemed packed full of people complaining about the same issue as me... lol, I was the only one that brought the PC in because that was a last resort....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom