Checkig NVRAM... boot error, PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffmeister

Solid State Member
My computer was running fine and then I decided to add two 1gb DDR2 sticks and overclock them to my gskill timings.

So I boot up and get Checking NVRAM and "not enough space in run time area!!. Smbios data will not be available. Press F1 to Resume but i click F1 and nothing happens.

I have used different sticks of ram in different slots so i know its not the memory. Flashed BIOS and cleared BIOS to default settings still won't boot.

I think my cmos MB battery us dead cause light doesn't turn on. Bu this shouldnt cause boot up issue should it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my current setup:
MOBO > ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe (1903 Bios)
CPU & Cooler > AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition w/ Stock Cooling Fan OC'd to 3.8ghz
MEMORY > G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
POWER SUPPLY > OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
VIDEO CARD > XFX ATI 5770 HD OC'd GPU Clock 920Mhz / Memory 1340Mhz
HDDs > OCZ RevoDrive X2 220GB SSD, Western Digital 1 TB External HD.
BURNERS > ASUS CD/DVD-R
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
O/S > Windows 7 64bit

My computer was running fine and then I decided to add two 1gb DDR2 sticks and overclock them to my gskill timings.

So I boot up and get Checking NVRAM and "not enough space in run time area!!. Smbios data will not be available. Press F1 to Resume but i click F1 and nothing happens.

I have used different sticks of ram in different slots so i know its not the memory. Flashed BIOS and cleared BIOS to default settings still won't boot.

I think my cmos MB battery us dead cause light doesn't turn on. Bu this shouldnt cause boot up issue should it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my current setup:
MOBO > ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe (1903 Bios)
CPU & Cooler > AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition w/ Stock Cooling Fan OC'd to 3.8ghz
MEMORY > G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
POWER SUPPLY > OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
VIDEO CARD > XFX ATI 5770 HD OC'd GPU Clock 920Mhz / Memory 1340Mhz
HDDs > OCZ RevoDrive X2 220GB SSD, Western Digital 1 TB External HD.
BURNERS > ASUS CD/DVD-R
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
O/S > Windows 7 64bit

Hello, I have one question for you, your gskill what kind of brand did you get with them ?
what is the actual timings with it ?
I am guessing it might be around 1333, but let us know, also when mixing up ram with different volts....
I honestly would try to take my current ram and match it with your new rams timing.
Once done slowly adjust it up until where you have it perfect and your bios doesn't blackout on you after a messed profile save on your board.

When you add memory that does not match your existing memory, you need to underclock the faster memory to match the slower memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom