Check Signal Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickness

In Runtime
I'm putting together a new system for a friend, and when I have everything properly installed, when I boot up I get a message on the screen saying "Please Check Signal Cable." I hooked the monitor up to my notebook and it works just fine. I've got an eVGA 6800GS and a DFI LANPARTY UT 915P-T12 motherboard.

Reseat the video card. Make sure it is in snug. If that does not work, remove the watch battery for 1-2 minutes while you have the power cord disconnected from the PSU. Reconnect and try again. Post results please.

Did both, came up with the same results.

I took the headsink off the video card and to check to see if it was fried or anything and now I can't get it back on.

I keep a PCI video card around just for these kinds of problems. I use it to cheak the bios for the appropriate PCIe setup. Make sure you put the heat sink back on carefully. I'm getting the feeling, that if it is a 6800gt PCIe card, did you plug the molex plug (power) into the video card when you fired up the system. That may sound like a dumb question on the surface but I have found this to be a very common occurance for new builders.

It's a 6800GS. It doesn't have a molex, but a small 4 or 6 pin plug, similar to the other main plug you plug the PSU into the MOBO with. And I know that you didn't mean anything by it, but I'm not a "new builder." I'm sending the card back to Newegg for a replacement. Maybe I need to buy a cheap PCI video card tho?

I got it to work. I plugged in my old Dell monitor and it booted up just fine. Don't know why this new monitor doesn't work. I had some trouble getting it to display when hooked up to my notebook too, had to change it to Dual View so maybe when Windows is all loaded I can plug the new one in and it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom