Cheap laptop , starting to realise why

shane70

Beta member
Hi Tech Forum members . New to help forums and certainly new to laptops , recently I acquired a laptop branded IPEX M3000N and cant seem to find relevant information about this system . As is the hdd has been removed and thinking it would be a simple replacement have been searching the web for information which is proving very difficult to find :( , What I have managed to figure out is that the drive sits in a caddy . The motherboard socket I think is referred to as a male to mule port and has 21 slots to accept male pins. Does anyone know if there is a drive that will fit this or is an adaptor required , in either case any idea where could these be sourced . I have a feeling IPEX is a rebranded Acer . In closing the computer is probably worth nothing , just the personal challenge of branching into laptops and getting it working would be quite satisfying to me . Any help on filling this gaping hole on the back of the unit would be greatly appreciated . Will Attach pic , Thanks again , Shane

Attachments

• 20140915_215943.jpg
    20140915_215943.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 8
A lot of OEM's sometimes use a proprietary adapter that slips onto the connectors of a standard SATA drive. So if you can find the adapter, you can just get any 2.5" laptop HDD and install it. Tried looking on eBay?

Thanks strollin , your posted link took me directly to a picture of the identical caddy installed on the computer. Have done a lot of generic image searches for 21 pin to sata adaptor but everything I saw was 40 pin plus a lot of pictures of half naked women ( seems to happen every time I do an image search ? ) Even Ebay couldn't seem to find the appropriate part but now I know what I'm looking for it should make life a bit easier . will attempt to find the adaptor without the caddy tray from ASUS but if not so be it . Would say when the drive was removed it probably stayed attached and got discarded .Not sure where I got acer from , similar name and wasn't thinking . Thanks again Shane . :)

Back
Top Bottom