CD ROM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma

Baseband Member
I need some advice here:

When I put a CD in my CD ROM - it doesn't work. If I double click in MY COMPUTER it tells me to put in a CD. I have gone to Device manager and it says that there is no problem with the driver - it works fine.

Any suggestions?

MArcel

Have you made any changes lately with CD-rom, IE: updated drivers, removed software, anything like that?

CD rom problem

NO, Here is exactly what dappened:

I was ripping my music CD to mp3 and than it just stopped. I checked the driver, it says it's there and works properly, I did system restore and nothing. No installation, nothing. It is a notebook and I can swap the drive with Floppy drive and the computer reads it normally. I have windows ME.

Anyway, if you have any suggestins, let me know. thank you,

Marcel

Although I have no Problem with Private messages, Please keep the questions and responses in the forums so others can benefit frome the dialogue.

This sounds like possibly your CD-Rom may have just failed. Try reinstalling the driver and if this does not work try cleaning it. Even though the Device Manager says the driver is OK, reinstalling it could still fix the problem.

vagnozzi said:
get rid of ME.
While I whole-heartedly agree with you, that doesn't solve the problem. Irregardless of any of the crappy problems with ME, I know the OS can use a CD-ROM. I've also seen this issue happen in multiple other OS platforms, so it is not specific to ME.

Most notably, I've seen this problem occur when the burning app screws up the buffer cache with the CD-ROM, basically confusing the system.

Usually a reboot sorts this out.

I encountered this problem a lot on older versions of Nero, and also when trying to copy ISOs that fill nearly the whole CD/DVD, pushing the index.

If a reboot doesn't solve the problem, trying burning something different. If the burner works for other things, and just not for this, examine what you're trying to burn and see if you can accomplish the burn in another way (or on another system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom