CD-Rom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owenwill

Beta member
Just hours ago i bought the Rome:Total War anthology, it comes with Rome:Total war (The main game) and two expansion packs. I put the main game into the CD-Rom drive and i could hear the disc spinning around inside but it sounded different than usual. I waited for the game to start but nothing happened so i went to My Computer and clicked on the D drive to start the game but i got a message saying "Please insert a disk into drive D:". I ejected the disk and re-inserted it but the same thing happened again. I put one of the expansion packs in and it worked, but i can't play it without installing the main game. I tried the other expansion pack and that worked too. I thought it must of been a problem with the main game disc, so i tried it in a friends computer and it worked. So it's not the disc that's the problem. Anyone know how i can solve this problem?

Hello,

Is the main game disc 'Rome Total War' a DVD-ROM? If it is, are you putting it in a DVD drive?

As I understand it, Rome Total War (Retail) is sold on a DVD-ROM while the expansions are sold on CD-ROMs.

Ahh, hadn't noticed that, but yes it is a DVD-ROM. I just tried a DVD and i got the same message. I'm not sure if my drive can read DVDs and i don't ever remember playing a DVD on my computer, is there anyway i can find out if my drive can read DVDs?

Hello,

Simply look at the name of the optical drive in My Computer.

Most certainly, your optical drive is just a CD-ROM or CD-RW (which cannot read DVDs).

Ahh yeah your right! Thanks, one last question...Can you link me to a website were i can purchase a drive that can play and write CD and DVDs please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom