Cd Rom Is Not Reconised By Windows Or My Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLRAZA

Beta member
I Am In Desperate Need Of Help
I Must Of Received A Virus Embedded In A File I Downloaded Which Has Disabled My Cd Rom Drives Altogether They Do Not Work At All
I Have Tried To Reboot All My System But It Seems That My Bios Has Been Affected, I Tried To Detect My Cd Roms Through My Cmos Bios Setup But The Result Came Back As Not Installed I Cannot Even Open My Drives They Do Not Work What So Ever Can Anyone Help Me I Am In Desparate Need Of Help
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CDROM I HAVE 2 UNITS ONE IS A DVD BURNER I HAVE REMOVED THEM AND HAVE INSTALLED THEM IN ANOTHER COMPUTER JUST TO CHECK IF THEY WORK
BUT I THINK THE BIOS DRIVERS HAVE BEEN ERASED
i also get the message (when i boot my system) "Secondary Master Device - ATAPI Incompatiable"

first off, dont double post.
2nd, no such thing as BIOS drivers.

ok, It looks like your drives are not getting any power, if they dont open up.............. Maybe that line of 4 pin connectors are dead or shorted out, or the connectors are not plugged in all of the way.

Try to hook the drives up to a different line of molex connectors(the 4 pin white connectors) make sure they are on a different line than the ones you are currently using.

Also make sure if you have muiltiple CDROM drives that you have the proper jumper settings.

Yep....I had the same problem about 3 months ago on a second nertwork computer in my studio. It was the IDE Cable. You might want to replace it before you get crazy looking for viruses etc.

no need for caps lock buddy :).....also while you are checking the IDE cable...do wat uzi9mm and check the power cable is pushed in all the way !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom