cd-rom drive not working, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychojoshie

Solid State Member
hello, my cd-rom rw drive is not working anymore. it still shows up as installed in my computer, and in the device manager. and it says its working properly. and when i put in any kind of cd, it takes 5 minutes just reading it and when it is done, it says there's no disc. and when i take the disc back out, and just push the eject button to slide the empty tray back in, it takes 5 minutes to settle down. when i mean settle down, the "read" light starts blinking for five minutes and you can't open up the cd drive folder, until it's done. this started happening as i was playing a game, and then it started to make weird sounds so then i stopped the program and took out the cd. and then it started to get messed up. the game cd is kinda scratched a lot but it worked fine before when i used to play it a lot in the same condition. is there a way to fix this?

well i dont think its a dead drive because everything is still working properly, if it was malfunctioning, then it would say it. but i think the problem is just with the reading. do you think maybe the lens that reads the cd is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom