Cd-rom Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo_man

In Runtime
Hi, my CD-ROM drive isn't working for some reason. There's still power but whenever a put a CD in, nothing happens. It says the drive is empty even though I have a CD in it..It was working fine until my game froze and it seemed like my CD-ROM drive just stopped. Now it's not working at all, any ideas? Thanks.

Make sure the IDE cables are not in the wrong way, also make sure they are conected. I know it sounds stupid but it can happen. It could be time to put it down. (hammer)

My CD is just sitting in the CD-Drive when I put it in even though there's power, do you think my drive is damaged? I don't think a game that freezes can mess up my CD-Drive can it?

That's what I'm thinking..No sound or anything anymore..Does this mean I have spend money to fix or get a new one?

Yeah if it's broke, but they're cheap...$5 at the local computer shops, or $20 at a bigger store/CompUSA!

Did you ensure the IDE cables are in securely? Just a little bit off and it may do that, as well...

:edit:
Oh yeah, never fix it...heh, it'd cost you 100x the cost of a brand new one...:)
:/edit:

I don't even know what an IDE cable is but yeah..i might as well get a new computer. My computer is old..processor=1000mhz..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom