Cd-rom boot problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army11b

Baseband Member
Hey all im new here.. I got another computer from a neigbor and when I go to turn it on I get this message saying "sorry for the inconvinience, Windows did not start properly due to a software/hardware change" It gives me the option to start windows in safe mode, start windows and go to command prompt, start windows normally, and start windows with last know working settings.. The problem is none of those options work, they bring me back to the same screen, I have the boot/windows cd but the drive wont work for some reason, but it worked when I first turned the comp on "little light on cd drive" but now the light doesnt show, like its not getting power.. I have tried plugging in different power cables into the back of the drive but still nothing, and im almost positive the cd drive is good.. What can I do? I cant even get to the command prompt ( C:\) in dos. Thanks

Matt

Right thats what im trying to do.. but the cd drive is all the sudden not working, it wont open, the light doesnt come on.. So I cant reinstall windows.

Matt

Check to make sure the cables are connected. Also ensure that the boot priority is changes so that the CD rom drive is checked first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom