CD DVD Drive Missing Driver

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
Acer Aspire 6930

Optiarc AD-7560S

Downloaded Drive Optiarc AD-7560S_SD05.EXE

This laptop will not boot up and I'm running it from mini xp off Hirens Bootable.
(which for some unknown reason works while most things with the drive wont)

Click to open the driver installer and it says "User is required to have Administrator rights in order to execute the firmware flash utility successfully."

I click Yes and it opens.

I click Update and an error message shows up right away saying the following...

Error 911!
Please contact your vendor!

If I right click and do run as... and then click the button next to administrator and click ok... it takes forever and then gives an error message saying... "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

This is a customers laptop that will not boot and is unable to be fixed to boot. I have some pictures on the C Drive that I want to save for them, but need the CD Drive to do so as I have no other means to save them. Also there is no accessible recovery partition so I have to fix the CD/DVD drive to be able to do the fresh install anyways.

I went into regedit and deleted the upper thing, there was no lower... already tried that route and it didn't do a thing.

Last edited:
Hi,

A couple things. If you're able to boot successfully into the Hiren's Boot CD then the CD / DVD / Optical drive would appear to be working okay.

Secondly, the file 'Optiarc AD-7560S_SD05.exe' is a firmware update for the CD drive, not a driver for the device; you shouldn't need to download and install a driver for the device for it to function. Further, some programs will fail to run correctly in bootable / live variants of the Windows OS.

If you're certain it won't boot into the OS on the hard drive and you've tried all the troubleshooting steps for this, in order to recover / retrieve the data from the hard drive you can try one of the following:

- Prepare / boot into a live bootable OS disc (such as Hiren's Mini XP which you already have, BartPE, or a live Linux distribution such as Knoppix or Ubuntu), then use the file manager in that particular live OS to backup the data from the hard drive to another medium such as an external hard drive or USB flash drive.

- Remove the hard drive from the customer's laptop, connect it to another, working computer and transfer the data across. Do this by placing it into an appropriate external hard disk enclosure (2.5" size I am assuming, and SATA or IDE to USB depending on the type of hard drive it is and type of enclosure) then connecting it up to another computer. Alternatively, 'slave' the hard drive by connecting it up as a secondary hard drive in another desktop computer, then transfer the files across using the native OS already installed and working on the primary hard drive.

Last edited:
nah it was an issue with the cd/dvd drive. Windows installer even said there was an issue with the driver for it. IDK why but it ran disks, and could read them, but it had issue opening them in hirens or burning to them and wouldn't let me install windows off one. customer ended up buying an external hard drive. was able to back up the pictures onto that. Was then able to temporarily save them to my computer... make the external bootable to install windows off of... and then put the pictures back on the external. problem solved :D... cd/dvd drive no longer has any issues after the fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom