Cd drive help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuTang

Beta member
Hi, I just bought all the parts I needed to build my new computer and I can't get the computer to reconize the cd-drives :angry: .

Here are the specs,

CPU

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor S939 San Diego 2.2GHZ 1MB L2 Cache 90NM

MOBO

ASUS A8N-E MOTHERBOARD ATX S939 NFORCE4 ULTRA DDR PCI-E16 PCI-E4 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA RAID GBLAN SOUND

RAM

Corsair Value Select PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

GPU

ASUS EXTREME AX800XL/2DTV RADEON X800 XL 256MB 256BIT DDR PCI-E DUAL DVI VIVO VIDEO CARD

HD

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB SATA W/NCQ 7200RPM 8MB 8.5MS Hard Drive 5YEARS MFR Warranty

PSU

OCZ OCZ45012U-450W MODSTREAM POWER SUPPLY PCI-E READY W/ EZMOD CABLE SYSTEM & BLUE LED FAN

CD drive

SONY CRX230E 52X/32X/52X E-IDE INT CD-RW W/ SW OEM

Every thing works, all the fans spin, all the lights turn on, the HD is shown in the BIOS, ect.

But I can't get the cd drive to work, I plug it in(I have tried setting the jumper to every setting, master/slave/CS), connect the ribbon cable ect. It turns on and spins if I put disk in it but it won't read the disk.

This is the screen I get when I turn it on, after the screen that comes up where you can press del to go to the BIOS.

firsttry007.jpg

This is the inside of the computer so far. I'm fairly sure the manual says to connect the CD's ribbon into the black connector next to the bright blue one.

thgfhfghfgh.jpg

So any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

make sure if you have more than one drive per IDE cable, that only one is master and one is slave - you do this by setting the jumpes at the back of the drive, which are just little plastic contacts

also, see if your secondary IDE channel is enabled in the BIOS

How do I make sure the secondary IDE channel is enabled? Do I set the IDE master/slave detection to auto (Wich I've done already)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom