CD Creating Query - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation CD Creating Query

Hello,
I have two queries in regards to creating cd's...

1. I want to back up a game of mine, but i want to know if or how i can add a file after backing the game up.... ie i want to put a text file on the cd as well... any suggestions?

2. I want to be able to create a cd that autoruns a selected file, i found a autotun.ini creator but when i did that it did not autorun....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
dhoodle

Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

manual copy the files off of the cd as a data cd and add the text file

Old 11-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

hmmm backup.....the text file wouldn't happen to be a serial number? well i think nero has a tool to make a cd autorun. if not copy an autorun.ini and edit the paths, save it and burn it with the disc.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

all you have to do is put your program cd in. don't burn as a disc copy, burn it as a data disc. explore (open) your disc. drag everything in it over to the blank disc project. next navigate to your serial text file that you should have made with notepad (it's probably in your documents foleder). drag it over to your blank disc files too. burn the disc. nothing will change. you will still have the autorun feature plus your serial on your cd too. I do this all of the tme

Closed Thread