CD burner gone to.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocissimo87

Beta member
I have TDK CD burner, had it for a long while, 5 years, atleast, always worked fine, but a month or so ago it stopped working. It won't burn, it won't read, it won't do jack squat. It just takes the CD in, the light blinks, I believe its spinning, my computer tries to recognize it causing my computer to somewhat lock up, until the CD player just opens up after doing nothing.

I know they are cheap, yes, yes, but I was curious if anyone has perhaps had this problem before, because I see no reason why the bloody thing stopped working.....nor do I understand how its not working. Other than being able to access the disk or burn stuff on it, it all seems to be working, I think its spinning.

Any help would be grand, thanks:happy:

Well, mine is like the opposite lol...it reads/writes discs fine, but it won't open most of the time, it just jams up. You could try a CD drive cleaner (a disc with a little brush on it that cleans off the laser head). Also try unplugging and reconnecting the IDE cable. Does it read any discs at all or does every disc fail?

Strangely enough it is only rejecting audio CD's, CD-R's? I tried two brands which I used before and they were rejected, but I put in my router CD and that worked immediately!?

So any thoughts on that?

whether it is broken or not, more then likely it is flakey and will not get any better. Time to get a cd / dvd burner, upgrade. They are cheap now, really cheap. Around $29 - $35 ... go to newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom