Case Powersupply DOA or am i doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg said:
A lot of PSUs that come with cases indeed 'suck balls.' :)

Why take the chance?

I have the same case as he does and am currently using the PSU that came with it, and it has been just great for me. The reason for doing it is to test, make sure things are working therefore if a problem arises later during his build, he wont have as many variables to work with. Plus, he's getting a new PSU so worst case scenario is this one dies and he gets a better one...sounds good to me!

I suppose, but my point is why bother? It doesn't seem crucial that he tests some fancy LEDs to make sure they are working.

Oh, and the worst case scenario with a crappy PSU is that it dies and fries half of your components.

Greg said:
I suppose, but my point is why bother? It doesn't seem crucial that he tests some fancy LEDs to make sure they are working.

Oh, and the worst case scenario with a crappy PSU is that it dies and fries half of your components.

I was talking about if it died while he was testing the LEDs.

Greg said:

well since ive done it already and i dont have the power supply plugged in anywhere but the leds and the 80 mm fans i dont think im going to have "a worst case scenario". and your quote states that the powersupply will break by having no load well since it is running 2 80mm fans and all the leds that is not NO Load.

yeah, yeah, I know. My point is it may not be the greatest thing ever for it, even if it doesnt explode. Do what you want

just stick a HDD or an optical drive on there with it, as well as the fan and the LEDs.

that will sort out the load problem no problem.

i run 2 powerfupplies with my computer (due to having a dell PSU and a 7900GT) and the second one just runs 2 opticals, 4 fans, and some cathodes. i have no had any problems with it, and it stays cool as cool can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom