Cant write to a DVD-RW - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Cant write to a DVD-RW

Hello everyone!!!

I was trying to make a data cd to put on my new hdd, but when i drag the file over to the DVD-RW folder to be written, it gives an error message. It says CONFIRM STREAM LOSS and then it says something like it has some "info attatched to it that might be lost if i continue copying but the contents of the file will not be affected". If i hit yes it will copy it to the folder. So i said ok...then i started copying other things and then i got this error "Problem Copying" "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. what do you want windows to do? Retry or Cancel" If i hit retry the same message comes up again. This doesnt make sense because i was able to copy to this exact type of cd before i formatted my computer for the first time. Please help!!! Thank you in advance!!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

use some burning software like nero or check out the windows section which has a "sticky" full of freeware including links to burning software

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yep, burning with windows built in program should never be done.
Closed Thread