Can't use forums or Hotmail? really really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

318is

Solid State Member
Hey, I have 3 computers at my house which are all wireless connected to 1 wireless router.

It is only one my computer where I can't use hotmail, myspace, or ever any new version of msn.

It is weird because I thought if my mums and sisters computer can get on these site fine, then my computer should too? I can't even make threads on any forums on my computer either. :confused:

The problems I get are it just wont load, I can go to Sign In or MySpace but after I type my login details it just comes up "page can not be displayed"

I can only use the stock version of msn messenger which comes with windows, but besides that whenever I try to use any version higher it just wont sing me in.

I was that annoyed that I decided to reformat my whole computer, completely reinstalling windows. :angry:
But after this, I still got the same problem? :confused:
I don't even have any programs at all on my computer but windows. I turn off all virus protecters/firewalls and still I can't get on.

I have had plenty of computer people come out to try and fix this problem, but they have all said that they have never seen anything like it before.

My computer is newer then my mums and sisters, yet i'm the only one who can't use these sights, and can't even make threads on forums.

It would be really cool if someone knew how to fix this or what is causing this to happen, as I am always having to use my mums computer for things like forums, hotmail and the new msn messenger etc.

Does your router and/or modem have a firewall that could possibly be blocking the connection to your computer?

I'm really not sure, i'm not exactly the best with computers.
How do I find out?
I'm guessing it wouldn't be something that easy if the last 4 computer guys really could'nt figure out the problem.

um you do know that all msn services whent down for a few days right? this week i dotn know exacly when it coulda been yesterday i dont know but myspace, and hotmail where down for 2 days very very recently there has been a lawsuit filed against sympatico worth over 1.2billion dollars. aparently the source of the problem came from one server technician in europe if so id hate to be him right now.

What kind of router do you have. I'll look it up and see what the setup is so you can see if its blocking your computer.

The problem has been going on for years.
Since I first got the computer, it has never wanted to run any msn messenger besides the first one which comes with windows.

Can anyone please help, really want to solve this problem, has been going on for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom