Cant Seem to Install Pci Wireless Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
this is really peeing me off i cant install my stupid wireless pci card netgear wg311t on a windows 2000 sp4

what i do which everyone would step by step

install software, open .exe (as i would let windows do it by device manager but windows 2000 hasnt got the wireless built in so i have to use the netgear one)

once installed, shutdown pc and open case and find spare pci slot and wack it in

when windows starts up it should continue installation but it doesnt all i can see is the exe icon on the desktop and when i click to open nothing happens makes a stop sound ie beep

btw im installing the disc version 1.4 and that should work fine for windows 2000

i thought you were supposed to install the hardware first, then boot into windows and let it see if it recognizes that thers new hardware, and then install latest drivers from site, not disk... atleast thats how i do it.

well i think the card works as windows device manager installs the drivers for it and knows its there, what do you say

Well, try an Winupdate then... see if you can get something.... hmm, maybe not... is 2000 still in update?

You could, uninstall it in device manager, then scan for new hardware.

see if it'll auto install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom