Can't read files transfered from other comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samio

Solid State Member
My cousin just bought a very nice emachine. He got a killer deal on black friday. But I'm having a problem transfering files. I put a cd in that I burned a long time ago and windows media player opened it up without any problems.

I wanted to transfer some pictures and videos to his computer so I burned it all on a CD-RW and took it over to his computer. When I inserted it the computer recognized it but when I opened it the cd was empty. Right click>properties shows the right amount of disk space on the cd and how much is left though. When I opened nero and tried run a burning session from and to the same drive so I could catch the files when they're burned to the comp to be put on the cd, the pre-burning list showed all the files that I burned on the cd but they were in gray. When I started the burning, it finished very fast and didn't burn anything.

Also, I bought a sandisk mp3 player and when I put mp3 songs from his computer onto it and plug the player into my computer, I can't see those songs. And when I put songs from my computer onto the player and take it to his computer I can't see those songs.

It's pretty wierd if you ask me. I looked around for some kind of folder option or something that I could change but I couldn't find anything. Anybody have any clue what might be going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom