cant power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevilsfan

Solid State Member
hi, i just bought new hardware to build a new pc n i got everything built and put together and i went to turn it on, and when i pressed the power button a LED light flashed and then nothing happened. i tried moving the ram around and reconnecting stuff but still nothing. anyone got any advice? the only fan that spins is the fan on the very top, the fan on the back next to the io shield doesnt spin, the two fans in front dont spin, and the cpu fan doesnt spin. also, all the fans except the cpu fan is connected directly to the psu, cpu is connected to mobo

these are the parts i ordered

cpu: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

mobo: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Desktop Memory

case: Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

hdd: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

gpu: Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

optical: Newegg.com - LG Black 22X DVD+R SATA 22X DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

psu: Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

Well standard checks here:

You made sure to use the risers so the board is not grounded on the case?
you have both the 24pin and 4pin psu plugs into the motherboard?
have the 6pin pci-e psu plug into the gpu?
have the front panel connection wired correctly for the power switch?

Take it down to just ram, psu, cpu and gpu and see if you can get into bios.

try booting into bios with the mb out of the case.

He connected his psu to the system fan 1 jack on his mobo. He seems to be good to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom