Can't Install Graphic Driver, URGENT HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZakkY.D

Beta member
Ok Here it goes. Now just to let you know, this computer is only 4 months old, working fine until i reformatted it. Its A P5GC-MX Series Computer. Tsunami brand on the front of the HARD DRIVE? Runs Window XP. (Service Pack 3 now). Anyway, when i got it, it was brand new and working fine, i suddenly got a virus within 2 weeks, so i thought, ''Why not reformatt it since i wont lose anything nothings on here!''. Anyway i did, and after everything was back to normal. So days went pass and i wanted to install a game. But then i got an error saying i dont meet the system requirements? It wasnt just this 1 game, i tried to install many other games, Online, by CD, Old games i used to have. Anyway i have a big ram, memory and i was wondering what it was. So i read up and it said to check your Video Driver. Anyway I dxdiag'd and i noticed i had a VGA Video card. So i went through and got out the Graphics Installation disc from the box that everything came in with the computer. I tried installing the Video Driver but i got a message saying, ''I dont meet system requirements, Setup will now close''? I dont have the requirements to install a video driver?! Now now i uninstalled the VGA Driver that was the default windows one which was hopeless, ran Driver Cleaner in safe mode. Fixed any nvidia problems. Restarted comp and nothing new. Still not installing.

What is your graphics card? If you know it is an Nvidia, go to here and choose Option 2. It will scan your computer and download the correct driver.

If it is an ATI, go here and choose your OS, the card line, and the model to get the correct driver.

If you don't know what card it is, download this and have it scan your computer to find out.

When you reinstalled windows did you reinstall all your chipset drivers from the motherboard disc? Are you certain you actually have an Nvidia video card, as that motherboard is an "all-in-one" board that has integrated Intel graphics.

I'm guessing you don't have an Nvidia card as the Nvidia setup said you don't meet the requirements, i.e an Nvidia card.

Umm.. ok problem fixed.

I have an ATI Card

I researched and someone did not have the right driver to play a game. So strangely enough, i downloaded the same driver that was suggested to that person and it worked for me. Im not sure if this is bad, unless maybe i was lucky enough to find the exact driver for my computer?

Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

That was the link. Im not sure if im doing something wrong downloading this but it does work. And windows has detected it

So, Please inform me if this is a bad idea and ill uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom