Can't install CPU FAN!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what will happen but when someone changes the fan, you're always going to have to clean off the old thermal grease. Well not really that bad if the hot air flows to the video card, but I wouldn't suggest you to do it. You can try it one more time, with the heatsink facing your exhaust fans. Don't worry if you push it down with a small force. Just get it into it's right position and gently push it down.

Are all aftermarket case fans like this?

I have a socket 940 and it does say it is for socket 940 on the box. But my OE heatsink pin was only one hook on each side. But this one has 3 hooks.

Maybe this will help. Then that means you only insert it into 1 out of 3 hooks that is on the ACF64. While I'm looking at the pictures of the AFC64 there is 3 hooks for a the clamp or whatever you call it. I'm guessing with those hooks on each side you hook it to one of the hooks.

No the thing on the motherboard does have three hooks.. just my old pin of my old heatsink didn't have 3 it had one.

The problem is.. my case is weird in that it seems like you can't slide out the motherboard panel.. you have to unscrew it then take it off. Seems too much for a cpu fan on a computer which I have plans to replace in a matter of a couple of years. I just wanted to overclock the **** out of it before I replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom